Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer Update

I haven't blogged since May, probably because I don't feel that I've had much to write about. The summer's going by fast, yet I don't really know what I've been doing.

Aaron and I celebrated our First Years Anniversary on May 18th by going to Chicago for that weekend. We visited my family, explored the city, and went to Medieval Times Tournament and Show. While at Medieval Times, we ran into our dear friends whom we hadn't seen in a year Kim&Caleb who were celebrating their 2nd year anniversary. I do believe that was the highlight of our trip.

My mother got married in June. This was especially surprising given her less-than-savory prior marriage. I had convinced myself she'd never marry again, or if she did, I'd hate him. The latter is amazingly true: I adore the dude and am content with my mom being married again. The wedding was short, sweet, to the point; simple, yet elegant. She was stunning. While she and Keith (he has a name!) were on their honeymoon, we dog-sat for them, resulting in a hardly-existent garden in the back yard. Ho-hum. Maybe next year.

Work is still going well for both Aaron and I. He's in the middle of his busy season, cutting down and pruning trees for Ryan Lawn & Tree. I'm in the middle of my slow season and have switched to the morning prep shift at Papa Murphy's.

Our adorable doofus of a dog is blissful as can be, exploring the neighbors yard when no one's watching, chasing flies around the house, barking at cats on walks, doing yoga in his sleep,


and shedding everywhere! Yes, tis the summer shedding time, and I'm already so over it.

That's pretty much it for now I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment