Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Think Outside The Box

Well, this is it. I'm taking another leap into another great adventure: an adventure into the unknown, with nothing in sight, but endless possibilities. What adventure is she going on this time? you ask. This adventure, dear friends, is called "College Drop-Out." Yes, that's right, folks, I am dropping out of college-perhaps not permanently, but maybe permanently. We'll see.

I'm sure this announcement is creating a multitude of responses in everyone's mind. Mixed ones like,
"You're throwing your future away."
"Good for you."
"But you have such potential."
"It's good to take a break."
"You'll never get a good job."
...Etc....

Well, before meriting responses of any sort, I think I owe an explanation for such an announcement. The reasons why I am dropping out are:
1) I won't receive financial aid anyway, just loans, because of income increase (petty reason I guess)
2) Mentally, I struggle under the pressure extreme class disruption partnered with the lack of teacher intersession.
3) I'm sick and tired of credits not transferring after being promised otherwise, and being passed around like I'm a show-and-tell.
4) Emotionally, I am not currently able to handle the stresses of the academic world due to trying to deal with conquering those problems.
5) I felt such an overwhelming peace when I dropped my classes this morning

To ease some of the worry I know some have, I already have a job that I love, so I'm not worried about employment issues. I plan on exploring my talents through workshops, apprenticeships, classes unrelated to a traditional school, I.e. the art museum. All the while, I'll be perfectly content not fitting the mold.
"Think outside the box!" my mother has always told me. And that's what I'm planning to do.

Image result for out of the box tv show

No comments:

Post a Comment