Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Colorful, Dreary World

 What a world we live in. Some days, it seems so bright and happy, while others it seems dismal and gray. Yesterday, I woke up to clouds hanging over the Ozarks with temperatures flirting with freezing. It was the first day of school: Spring semester 2015 at OTC. I didn't fight too badly to get out of bed only because my wonderful husband bought us a pretty little stain-glass light bulb (Yay for clearance sales!) and I was all too eager to turn it on. It brought me such happiness despite my grogginess that I decided to match it brilliance in my attire......
   
Walking to school
Upon arrival to campus, my get-up immediately turned heads downward, simultaneously painting smirks on the faces of everyone I passed. In turn, I too couldn't help but smile. Some people would grin and turn to their neighbor to whisper. An occasional few would compliment my little rainbow. No, I didn't dress this way to attract attention (good gracious, that's the last thing on my mind.) and no I didn't do it to make a statement. I did it simply to add a splash of color in a gray world and to even slightly saturate a (in my opinion) dull campus.

Chillin' in the chiroporactor's office
Not only did I go to school yesterday, but I visited the chiropractor as well. There too I received the same reactions as earlier in the day with the added puzzlement from the Amish visitors. Oops.

Needless to say that despite my lack of sleep combined with academic anxiety, I had a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment