Sunday, January 4, 2015

Fantastical New Years Resolutions

Every year it seems I hear people talk about how they are going to make more of this year than last year. They're going to make resolutions to better themselves in ways they hadn't before, or perhaps try new things they'd always wanted to in the past, but for some reason, they're going to actually do it this time round. I think the most popular resolution is to lose weight. Many people resolve to watch less TV, raise their grades, eat less junk, of be a better person in general (whatever that means.)
Happy fantastical new year from the Kiefer's

I've never made a New Years resolution before. I've never thought of it as a thing I could actually stick to, let along make, and so I've just never tried. I've briefly considered an attempt at making a resolution, but what would I resolve to do?....that's where I'd always stop.

BUT!

This year IS different. The past seven months has been nothing but "resolutions" of sorts, being newly married and all. I figure why stop at making changes now, since the first year is nothing but. So, this 2015 year, I not only decided upon one resolution, but a bit of a list that I give permission to everyone to in order that I may remain accountable. (They are ranked in order of attainability)

1. Get fit: Sure, it may sound a little vague, but to get moving in general is a noble start.
2. Raise my GPA: This is in fact a challenge since not only have I never been particularly keen on the standardized teaching styles used in schools, but hate school in general.
3. Blog weekly: For the past year and a half, going on two, I've really slacked off. While, yes, blogging can be quite a chore to keep up with, I absolutely love doing it and once I execute the publication of a new post, I always feel such relief and accomplishment.
4. De-stress: This would seriously make my day and everyday thereafter.
5. Write a book: I've already begun my second book. Having already written and published one already (which is now available as a second edition), I have personal confirmation that it is indeed possible....and completely fulfilling on multiple levels.
6. Make a new friend: This has never been an area of expertise of mine. Perhaps I'm too judgmental or maybe a bit antisocial in general, but I truly wish to make a friend I know will be there regardless of how human I am (which is 100%). While this point may offend some people, maybe it'll challenge others to reaffirm our friendship.
7. GRADATE: This would make me cry such tears of joy that my skin would likely and in a very gruesome way melt the skin off my face, a scar I'd find worth carrying for the rest of my life. This would be my AA degree and while I know some have been adamant in their urging me to pursue a BA, MA, and blah blah blah A, I want to only focus on my AA of four years right now. I'll save the other degrees for later....365 days from now... or later.

What are YOUR resolutions. What are your plans for fulfilling those resolutions? Can we do them together? Wanna be accountability partners? I'm genuinely interested in your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment